Cloud Web Hosting > Cloud Hosting Experience

Looking for UK hosting recommendations

(1/2) > >>

jenifersam:

I host about 30 sites for my clients, but I'm looking to grow this to 50 over the next year.

With my current host, I have what they call a VDS Lite, which is basically a shared VPS with a proprietary control panel.

I'm not sure of the exact spec but it's basically running FreeBSD, Apache 2.2.31, PHP 5.6.12 and MySQL 5.5.44

Their whole offering is getting a bit long in the tooth and I've been chasing upgrades for a while. They have now decided to withdraw from the market and so I need to find a new host PDQ.

Most of my sites are Wordpress, but I have a few that are plain HTML and I want the flexibility to run things other than WP. All my domains are registered with a separate registrar and just pointed at the VPS.

For some of my clients, I only provide e-mail. Some access via IMAP and for one I provide an SMTP feed to their onsite mail server. I would like to keep this facility.

I also need to provide https, via something like Lets Encrypt. I can't do this at the moment. So I use the Cloudflare Plugin for WP Sites as a workaround.

I currently pay £40 plus VAT (£48) a month and I, obviously, don't want to spend huge amounts more than this. I'd also like a UK based host.

I've been looking at guru.co.uk's Reseller Cloud Hosting Pro account and wonder if anyone has any experience of them and how this account would fit with my needs? I'm also open to any other suggestions anyone might have.

Thanks in advance.

AlbertGar:
I have a VPS server hosted by GoDaddy, but am fed up with their so-called "world class" support. I am looking for another VPS hosting company. My requirements are similar to my existing GoDaddy VPS:

US-Based VPS2-GB RAM60-GB DiskCentOS 6 or 7WHM/cPanelRoot accessPartially-managed they patch the OSDedicated IP address

Suggestions?

Seoparatorram:
cloud hosting would data safety is pretty much similar to that you get when using VPS or dedicated server. You should always have updated and up to date backups for disaster recovery. The security level would also depend on the service provider you have and their recovery points options.

webwerksDC:
Are you still looking for the best VPS Hosting Company in the US.

You can try out Web Werks Inc. USA web hosting Company. Web Werks is the largest Tier IV data center provider company. We offer web hosting, dedicated server, VPS server and hosting, cloud hosting, Data Center, colocation hosting. With friendly 24x7x365 server support team and great value. Founded in 1996, Web Werks is now serving all over India, United States and across the globe. With our specialized customer management system, we ensure the end to end quality of service for all our esteemed customers.

WarnerHub:
Cloud hosting is an alternative to hosting websites on single servers either dedicated or shared servers and can be considered as an extension of the concept of clustered hosting where websites are hosted on multiple servers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version