Looking for webhosting sites? Use Statsdom pages catalogue. Also you can be interested in Ford Webhosting services.

Author Topic: What to look for in a vBulletin host?  (Read 4868 times)

jenifersam

• View Profile
What to look for in a vBulletin host?
« on: August 10, 2018, 03:15:34 AM »
What to look for in a vBulletin host?
I'm in the process of helping my organization find a new host for our vBulletin community. The community is running the latest version of VB4 (4.2.5, I believe) and is having to transition away from our current host that we're very happy with because the host is transitioning to Wordpress only.

The community is paid subscription based and has about 1,000 members, although there are never that many active at once. At most, I would say the forum has 200 or 300 users online at once. (Guests can access the forum, but cannot read thread content.) No mods or plugins are installed on the forum, but we are using modrewrite friendly URLs.

Server load has never been an issue with our current host, which seems to have a pretty good grasp on how to host vBulletin efficiently. Does anyone here have any tips on host who can help us with the forum migration and also recommend a solid plan that will allow us to keep the forum running smoothly? I'm also looking for a host that can help us make a smooth transition to SSL.

I believe the current plan we're on, where we also host a Wordpress site, has 6 CPU cores available and 12 GB of ram. The Wordpress site, however, is doing about 80% of the traffic on the current plan.

AlbertGar

• View Profile
What to look for in a vBulletin host
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 08:11:04 AM »
Best web hosting services are very much in the market but very few of them provide the best services. Host IT Smart is one of the best hosting service providers for an e-commerce site.

WarnerHub

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 06:26:18 AM »
Lets settle this once and for all. WHT, what do you consider to be cloud hosting?

MartyFut

• View Profile
    • Voir Qu'est-ce qu'on a encore fait au Bon Dieu en streaming Film Complet
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 08:12:56 PM »
Youll need to be more specific.  Which two guys who do that are you referring to...?