Looking for webhosting sites? Use Statsdom pages catalogue. Also you can be interested in Ford Webhosting services.

Author Topic: What exactly is a web host?  (Read 14313 times)

lovvyjain

• View Profile
    • GMPR
What exactly is a web host?
« on: April 02, 2015, 03:49:33 AM »
A Web host is in the business of providing server space, Web services and file maintenance for Web sites controlled by individuals or companies that do not have their own Web servers. Many ISPs, such as America Online, will allow subscribers a small amount of server space to host a personal Web page. Other commercial ISPs will charge the user a fee depending on the complexity of the site being hosted.

JannetteSt

• View Profile
What exactly is a web host
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 12:56:13 AM »
When looking for a web host, you’ll often see storage and bandwidth hand in hand.

___

XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin: the BEST soft for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!
Only TODAY: -30% DISCOUNT for XRumer!

VerdinaNET

• View Profile
    • www.verdina.net
Re: What exactly is a web host?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 09:41:48 AM »
Web hosting means buying space on a computer to upload the website and points it to the domain name you own it. The computer remains online 24/7 and managed by the hosting company provider on regular basis.
https://verdina.net/  - FAST, SECURE, RELIABLE

Powerful dedicated hosting on enterprise hardware.

AnnaGed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 05:01:01 AM »
Depending on the type of site I plan the hosting for.
If I wanna host a web-portal with news, a forum and galleries, then I'm gonna go for bandwidth; if I want a simple site, I'll go for lower prices etc.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:22:24 AM by admin »

lauren.tom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 05:44:21 AM »
When you make a website and want other people to see it, you will need to publish (or upload) it with a web hosting service.

Web hosting services work by storing your website files in high-powered computers (web servers) connected to a very fast network. When someone types in your web address (such as www.midphase.com), the Internet connects to the web server holding your website files and then transfers your website information back to their computer. From there they can surf and view the pages of your website.

jorgkant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 01:32:45 AM »
You will never get any visitors to your site if it isn’t accessible via the web. The only way to do that is by using a server. The server will maintain a permanent connection with the web and on the server will be stored all the information about your website.

In effect, users will come onto the server access your website and then when they decide to move to another website they will access information from another server. So, the real question is, what type of server do you need?

Pen Drive With Logo | Promotional Pen Drive

Billy Pro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 08:44:05 PM »
Web hosting is a service that allows organizations and individuals to post a website or web page onto the Internet. A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed in the Internet. Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers.

braveluke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 01:16:29 AM »
In order to publish a website online, you need a Web host. The Web host stores all the pages of your website and makes them available to computers connected to the Internet. The domain name, such as "sony.com," is actually linked to an IP address that points to a specific computer. When somebody enters your domain name into their browser's address field, the IP address is located and Web site is loaded from your Web host.

A Web host can have anywhere from one to several thousand computers that run Web hosting software, such as Apache, OS X Server, or Windows Server. Most websites you see on the Web are accessed from a "shared host," which is a single computer that can host several hundred Web sites. Larger websites often use a "dedicated host," which is a single machine that hosts only one website. Sites with extremely high amounts of traffic, such as apple.com or microsoft.com, use several computers to host one site.

Aheadworks
If you want to publish your own website, you'll need to sign up for a "Web hosting service." Finding a good Web host shouldn't be too hard, since their are thousands available. Just make sure the Web host you choose offers good technical support and ensures little or no downtime. You'll usually have to pay a monthly fee that varies depending on how much disk space and bandwidth your site will use. So it's a good idea to estimate how big your site will be and how much traffic you expect before signing up for a Web hosting service.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 03:05:01 AM by braveluke »

danielbrain

• View Profile
    • Quay Phim Chup Hinh
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 01:08:02 PM »
Web hosting is a service that allows organizations and individuals to post a website or web page onto the Internet. A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed in the Internet. Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers.
I agree with your opinion. It is true for me personally when I look at web hosts

kentran

• View Profile
    • http://khunganhtreotuong.vn
Re: What exactly is a web host
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 01:16:10 AM »
Depending on the type of site I plan the hosting for.
If I wanna host a web-portal with news, a forum and galleries, then I'm gonna go for bandwidth; if I want a simple site, I'll go for lower prices etc.

This is perfectly reasonable. My website currently has low traffic and I only select low bandwidth packages to avoid wastage.

AlbertGar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 10:56:45 AM »
Fighter is as fighter does.

Post your work for scrutiny, we like it all. And even if we dont, who cares?

Paro

• View Profile
    • Send Valentine FGifts To UK
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 04:47:27 AM »
A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed in the Internet. Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers. ... If you do not have a domain, the hosting companies will help you purchase one.

Shivam Tripathi

• View Profile
    • modular furniture
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 01:18:46 AM »
A web host or web hosting service provider is a business that provides the technology and services needed for a website or webpage to be viewed on the Internet. Websites are hosted or stored on a special computer called a server. ... If you don't have a domain, hosting companies will help you buy one.

RH-Calvin

• View Profile
    • Reprise Hosting
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 11:32:20 PM »
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web.

Akshay_M

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 03:42:34 AM »
A Web host is in the business of providing server space, Web services and file maintenance for Web sites controlled by individuals or companies that do not have their own Web servers. Many ISPs, such as America Online, will allow subscribers a small amount of server space to host a personal Web page. Other commercial ISPs will charge the user a fee depending on the complexity of the site being hosted.

Web Host (hosting company) is making available a place on a computer (called a server) that works without a break and is connected to the Internet. For the website to work, it must be serviced by the server. If this computer is not working correctly, your site will be unavailable. For this reason, you should choose the hosting offer with special attention.