Looking for webhosting sites? Use Statsdom pages catalogue. Also you can be interested in Ford Webhosting services.

Author Topic: Looking for a host that can grow with my site  (Read 1972 times)

Alexcarter

• View Profile
Looking for a host that can grow with my site
« on: October 14, 2020, 07:17:20 AM »
I'm launching a WordPress site next month that I believe will grow faster than expected. I'm not sure what's the best choice for hosting. I currently have a VPS with Hostdime (who I really like as a host - they're local with killer support) and I'm not sure if that's the best route or not. My current VPS (2gb ram) has multiple failures a day with automatic restarts. It's hosting a one multisite install (with 3 active subsites, 4-5 inactive subsites and less than 100 visitors a day total on average), a second site with 60-70 visitors a day and 2 other sites that are lucky to get one visitor a day. The failures have me concerned that 1 site 300-500 members and 1000 hits a day will need a lot more resource-wise than what I have now. I don't think that there's that huge a load on it (though maybe the multisite is a resource hog?).

So I looked at managed WP hosting, thinking a 'cloud' option may let the site grow to 500 members or so & weather traffic spikes - and then I can move it to something more permanent. WPEngine is cool but I expect their costs to be much higher due to their per pageview bs. I'm trying another web host's WP hosting, which is ok but supportwise they are slow (I'm spoiled by several hosts) plus they screwed up when installed an SSL cert and it's been a week and they have yet to reinstall it. They don't have my confidence.

So I'm really not sure which way to go - and perhaps it's because I don't understand hosting that well. A distributed grid sounds cool, but does it work in practice? Is eventually getting a dedicated server unavoidable? What the hell do sites that have a lot of members and traffic do?

What can you say about exmasters.com web hosting?

All advice will be appreciated - I'm planning on launching my site, I need to get this squared away ASAP. Thanks!
The Best Movies ===>>> http://www.esquire.com/

BoxIT

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a host that can grow with my site
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 06:56:32 AM »
Double RAM or HD space with any VPS or dedicated plan (using code "dbram" or "dbhdd").

I've had my website with exmasters.com VPS hosting for a number of years. It's solid as far as being up and running at all times.
"Failure is not an option" - W. Klitschko

Goskin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 01:13:38 AM »
They are generous with space, domains and bandwidth, and technically I've found it good.
I would say Exmasters.com is a good hosting provider that you can trust - good uptime, fast speed, helpful techs.
Truth is like a surgery. It hurts but cures!
Lie is like a pain killer. It gives instant relief but has side effects forever.

Wilsonjacob45

• View Profile
    • eUKHost - Managed Web Hosting
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 04:35:06 AM »
Hello,
I think cloud hosting is the best solution for you. For such hosting requirements, you have to go with cloud hosting with high configuration plans.
For more details, visit eukhost they will definitely help you to choose the right hosting plan.
eukhost - A Leading Web Hosting Provider
█ Affordable Services | 24x7 Pro Support
cPanel Web Hosting | Linux VPS Hosting | Cloud Hosting | Dedicated Hosting

MarcoXX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 03:47:10 AM »
I am impressed with Hostry.com web host. Excellent Service. Will do anything they can to try and help fix your problem over the phone. Anytime I have a question, big or small, I call tech support because I know they will be able to answer the question.
The secret to getting ahead is to focus your energy not on fixing and fighting yesterday, but on building and growing something new right now.